Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gwen is One Month Old!

Gwen turned one month old on Monday, April 21st. She has changed so much in just one month! She had her one month well-baby visit on the 21st, and she is all healthy. She weighed 9lbs 4oz and was 21 1/2 inches long putting her in the 50th percentile for weight and height.

Here are some things we've learned about Gwen over the last month:
-When being held, her favorite spot is up on your shoulder. She'll either put her head up to look around or snuggle down to relax.
-She loves taking a bath. She seems to especially enjoy having her hair washed.
-When she sneezes, she always sneezes at least three times, and sometimes has up to five or six sneezes in a row.
-She's a good sleeper and has one long stretch of sleep (between four and six hours) each night.
-She doesn't like having her onesie taken off or put on.
-She gets the hiccups at least three times a day and sometimes they last for more than ten minutes.
-She loves a picture of a cow Grandma Crosby found in a little book. It is on the changing table and she smiles and coos at it during diaper changes.
-She has lovely little hands, and she likes to play with them. She often touches her fingers together lightly or holds her hands together gently.
-When she looks into your eyes and smiles, you feel really loved!

We love our baby Gwen!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

It is sweet to hear you guys talk about Gwen. They are a lot of fun! I am glad that you are enjoying parenthood!

April 26, 2008 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh Ash, I love the list! I feel like I know Gwen a little bit more now:) She is darling. I love the back of her head shot in the "on the move" pics. I see so much of both you and Jared in her! I can't wait to meet her (sometime!!). I will call again to chat soon. Love you lots.

April 27, 2008 at 1:18 AM  
Blogger Jen and Joe. said...

SO beautiful! I can't believe she's already a WHOLE month old. I'm terribly impressed at her new skills!

April 28, 2008 at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home